Thursday, May 28, 2009

Here in Bulgaria

Ok all..i am here in Bulgaria, in a small village outside Vratsa. And yes, we use squat toilets. A first for me. It has been odd living in a house and community where only me and 4 other people really speak English. We tend to say 'good morning, evening, afternoong' and 'hello' often. It's still all a novelty to me, and I am really enjoying it. We were playing soccer with the local kids, while there were donkeys, horses, and dogs in the background. There are also some pretty neat moutains we are hoping to hike, and some caves that we are hoping to visit this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Tricia, Very glad you made it safely! Take lots of photos! look forward to reading more about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tricia!!

    So glad you made it to Bulgaria. I'm so amazed that you are there and are one of a few that speak English. You'll have to tell us all about hiking and the mountains!

    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on arriving in Bulgaria!! I would love to hear about your ride across the country as well as your journey to Bulgaria when you get the chance. I can't believe you're actually there!

    ReplyDelete

Followers