Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nothing New

Soo..not too much happening lately. I think I had to slow down a bit after all the holiday events. This has been such a low-key month! A much needed break.

Tonight I was leaving my Bulgarian / English class. The class is actually an English class, but they like having me there to practice their English and I like coming to practice my Bulgarian. So..the students always leave before me, and then I walk out with my teacher and chat on the walk back; however, tonight the students came back and Petia, our teacher, had to talk with another instructor and wasn’t there..if only you could hear our conversation, and misunderstandings..one after another, after another. They come back and say Petia blah blah something something zaklychvane. So..I’m thinking they’re saying that Petia has to lock up after us, so grab my stuff and come with them..but no; they shake their heads saying I misunderstood..so they try again. This time, I’m thinking they’re telling me to close the door to the classroom, so I start to close the door on them..again, they stop me and say I misunderstood again. I can tell they’re starting to get frusterated, and I can’t figure out what they’re trying to say..when miraculously somehow we get it all figured out. The downstairs door was locked and they couldn’t get out and had to wait for Petia to unlock it. I practice, but sometimes I swear, I’m never going to be able to understand Bulgarian..we all got a laugh out of it though, when Petia finally made it back and confirmed what we were trying to say to each other.

And..we finally got the snow I’ve been waiting for!!! It’s been snowing lightly for like 3 days now and it is just beautiful outside. The only downside is I’m getting in little running. But I recently found a pool I can swim in to help offset it.

Oh..and before I forget.  I can actually bake really good chocolate chip cookies here!  There are no chocolate chips, so I have to chop up chocolate bars, but it's hard to believe that they don't have cookies, like we have at home..like chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal, snickerdoodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers