Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduations and ants and other

When you graduate from High School in Bulgaria, several things happen:
1. You stop attending classes for the month of May, after the written tests have been taken (the classes are required, the students just don’t show up)
2. At the end of May, in my town center, there was a big celebration with the students (all dressed up), teachers, parents, and residents..followed by a banquet-type ordeal. The next the day, the students go on an overnight excursion..often to the Black Sea, where they celebrate a Ball
3. Throughout the day, you hear over and over and over (in Bulgarian) – ‘1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12’...this is because they finally completed all 12 grades

..and not to complain too much, but there are ants everywhere. They are way worse this year. If only we would get paid, I can buy some ant spray or bait or something..I was telling my mom, they crawl right up on my laptop..they crawl on me..

I have been busy for some time now..but if you want to see more of what I’ve been up to, I labeled and posted some new pictures..just scroll to the bottom of this page and click on ‘Tricia’s new pics’. I’m going to try to get a few new ones up each day.

Oh..and for all my dear friends in the USA, I will be seeing you all soon!!

Oh..and also, I added a new BG song above..just click the play button.

And..if you have not seen the video of our performances at the traditional dance festival in Veliko Tarnovo called ‘Болярско Надиграване’, here is a link to watch all 3 of our dances. Our group name is Луда Мядо’ (crazy youth):
http://www.folklorika.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=819

And here is another link to another of my favorite groups ‘Люти чушки’ (hot peppers):
http://www.folklorika.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=797

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers