Friday, January 7, 2011

Баби Ден (Babi Den)

Баби Ден (Babi Den) - Grandmas day (when translated literally)

According to one of my colleagues, Babi Den will be celebrated on January 9th by many women, (historically midwives and grandmothers)..they gather, eat, drink, and gossip. Men are not allowed to participate during Babi Den..as a matter of fact, if a man shows up, the women may strip the man of all his clothes..interesting, right?

Oh..and on a sidenote, I know mentioned I was going to Dobrich this weekend to summit Mt. Botev, but when I was telling other members of the hiking group I belong to, they thought this was pretty funny because Dobrich and Mt. Botev are in opposite directions..apparently, I misheard my friend. So..a change of plans. Instead of Dobrich, I will go with another group of friends to Hija Pleven and summit the snowy Mt. Botev!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers