Monday, January 17, 2011

Miscommunications

Hahaha..I have to share this. There are many times when talking in Bulgarian with Bulgarians, there are miscommunications..due to the grammar, and the sentence structures, and the many words I don’t know; and every once in a while I misunderstand what someone is asking or telling me (especially Bulgarian proverbs and jokes).

moje6 li da mi napi6e6 na agliiski.......pla4a za teb......
Tricia Terrones: kato tova?
napi6i na angliiski izre4enieto
pla4a za teb
Tricia Terrones: you want me to write a sentence in English?
Tricia Terrones: Is that good?
Tricia Terrones: or do you want me to write more in English? :)
Is that good......kak se prevejda tova
Tricia Terrones: това добре, ли е?
az ne razbrah....molq otnovo....
pla4a za teb
Tricia Terrones: I like ice cream and popcorn
Tricia Terrones: Харесвам сладолед и поканки
abe...seriozna sam
napi6i mi.............pla4a za teb

Tricia Terrones: но..не разбирам..какво ме искаш да пиша на английски?
Tri6a.....napi6i mi na angliiski izre4enieto.................Az pla4a za teb.............
razbra li me
Tricia Terrones: My name is Tricia
Tricia Terrones: I am from Boston
abe
Tricia Terrones: I like Bulgaria
neeeeeee
Tricia Terrones: ok..ne ti razbiram
az pla4a za teb........tova e izre4enieto.........napi6i mi go na angliiski
Tricia Terrones: this is a sentence
Tricia Terrones: sentence
this is a sentence------tova se privejda...az pla4a za teb.....taka li
Tricia Terrones: da
ok...mersi....

Basically, what this text says, is she’s asking me to write in English..

I think she means to write in Latin characters, but still Bulgarian (because she only knows a few words in English)

Nope..she asks again..I’m begging you..can you write a sentence in English

So I make up a few questions.
..and she asks me for the translation
Nope..still not what she’s looking for
Ok..so, it continues on like this for a good 10 minutes, and I’m starting wonder..is someone pulling a gag on me..what am I not understanding?

Oooh..she was asking me to write ‘sentence’ in English..i still wonder if she’s for real..i’ll have to ask her on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. She was begging you to translate for her in English the Bulgarian sentence "az pla4a za teb", which means "I am crying for you"... :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers